Friday 24 July 2015

Trip To St. Jacobs Market :)

Not very often I get some time to pop away to St. Jacobs Markets and the Antique Village but I was in Waterloo meeting my Mom and had a gig in Elora that evening so on the way I thought I would pop in to check the vinyl selection at the market across from the outlet mall.

Here is what I found.


Soundtrack to the movie Salsa !  why wouldn't I buy it right. :)  Terrible movie, terrible soundtrack except the one track I bought it for Grupo Niche - Cali Pachanguero in english.  Have on CD but now i have on vinyl



Willie Bobo - Spanish Grease was also available for sale I can never pass on a Willie Bobo LP when I find in the wild.  The Classic title track alone is worth the price but add in Haitian Lady and this is an LP you must have in any Latin music collection



I Love the sound of Cuban 50's Mambo, even the lounge ones, Seeing Latin Magic by Armando Valdespi And His Orchestra for $5.00 had to have it.  This Cuban musician never let's me down. Killer 50's style Mambo'sand some sweet Pachanga's and Bolero's
Last up is Willie Rodriguez And His Gang - The Drums Of Rodriguez this 10" is filled with more of the same
50's style mambo

All in all a good day in St. Jacobs I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment