Monday 6 July 2015

Virtual Dig Arrivals July 6th 2015

As a Salsa music DJ it is very difficult to get Salsa LP's in Canada so a large part of my collection is bought or traded online with sellers and other collectors around the globe.

Todays haul was a nice one



From Discogs my main source of purchasing as I find the sellers much friendlier, cheaper and easier to deal with.

The TNT Orchestra - Together LP  SEALED

Been looking for a nice copy of this LP for awhile.  A Sealed copy came up on discogs from a trusted buyer at a great price so I snapped it up quickly.  Tito Ramos and Tony Rojas provide a great LP for any Latin music lover.  Recommended tracks include Los TNT, La Pobrecita and my second Favourite Salsa in English "Hello My Love"



Included from the same seller is

La Tipica 73 - Salsa Encendida LP
A classic from this New York based band featuring José Alberto and Camilo Azuquita on vocals contains the killers track "Baila Que Baila" and the Gury favourite Xiomara.  Must have for any fan of La Tipica's sound.   Sonny Bravo has some sweet arrangements here and the addition of Alfredo De La Fe on violin make this a 5 stars album

From Ebay
I do not generally buy from Ebay as I find sellers very inconsistent and in this bull vinyl market prices can skyrocket easily.  If you see me buying on Ebay I got a great deal or am dealing with a trusted vendor.

El Sonido Latino - La Piramide 7"
Picked this up on a whim, was cheap $3 or $4 selling point was it features Sammy Ayala on Vocals.  Have yet to listen but will be part of the Vinyl Junkie podcast at sometime soon.

Orchestra Tentacion - Nuestra Raices LP
Been looking for this LP fro quite some time although this is an inferior Colombian pressing I am pleased overall with it's sound.  Didn't cost the $80-$120 I have seen the US pressing go for.  I am very happy with this copy and the seller through in two LP's as stiffeners in the package :)  I Love this as it is usually stuff not on discogs and allows me to make some new submissions.

Cheché Abreu Y Sus Colosos - La Negra Pola LP  (1st Stiffener)

Open package saw this first and freaked that I had been sent wrong record.  Phew just a stiffener.  Being a big fan of the Dominican Cheché Abreu made this a nice addition to my collection.  Will also get a feature on Vinyl Junkie in Near Future.

Tito Rodriguez Y Su Orquesta - 15 Inolvidables Al Estilo De LP (2nd Stiffener)

Know nothing of this LP.  Huge fan of Tito, but something tells me this is another group doing elevator versions of his hits.  Will get back to you with a follow up review :)

Please support us buy browsing our store on discogs

No comments:

Post a Comment